Thursday, December 8, 2011

Happy December

I’ve been having such a great month so far. I feel so thankful and blessed. Zack and I have adopted two families this holiday. We spent the past weekend shopping and gathering items off the families “wishes/wants lists”. Shopping for clothes for a two year old girl was so much fun, and I didn’t hate the clothing selection for young boys either. We really hope we give these families a beautiful Christmas this year.

The month of December is short but so busy. Our students have been making stained glass pictures as gifts for their parents. It has been an interesting project. I have never worked with glass paints before but it was simple enough. The difficult part was the glass leading; some students struggled to keep a steady hand. Overall though, I think parents will be thrilled to see their lovely holiday gifts.

I gave an excellent history lesson this week. I put together an informative Power Point presentation on the Islamic invasion of Spain. The students learned about Tariq Bin Ziyad and his powerful army. I found this great video that I also played for the students. Afterwards, we played a trivia game to check for students understanding and comprehension of the information. Students were so successful and this makes me smile. I can’t wait to give next week’s history lesson.

Yesterday, we dressed our little doggies up in cute holiday outfits and had an informal photo shoot. It was pretty fun and we captured some really sweet pictures.




The best part about December though is….WINTER BREAK. Next week is the last week of school and then I get a lovely 2 weeks of free time. We are heading home for the holidays! HOORAY! Can’t wait to see family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment