Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Kicking off our Anniversary

Today we woke up early and drove over to the Bay area. We arrived around 9 am and went over to breakfast at this place called Country Waffles. I love breakfast! The food hit the spot and was a nice way to start our little Anniversary trip. I chowed down on cinnamon roll french toast and "Z" had the corned beef hash which is pretty much his standard breakfast dish.

After breakfast we bummed around doing a little shopping and such and then popped on over to the movie theater to see a movie that we've been curious to see but couldn't because it wasn't playing in our city. But luckily we were able to catch it over here. So the movie is called "Catfish" and is a documentary based on a relationship built on Facebook that ultimately turns out not to be what it seems. It was fascinating and yet not too far fetched as the internet gives many people the opportunity to role play and be someone they are not. I was highly entertained and glad we went out of our way to see it.

After seeing this film we still needed to kill sometime before we could check into our hotel, so we decided to sneak into another theater to see "RED". I'm not really sure how I feel about this movie.....it's a little outrageous and really action packed. I wasn't too impressed with the story and would probably only give this movie a 2 star rating.


Next we hopped on over to Ohana Hawaiian Barbecue for lunch and treated ourselves to some Hawaiian food. Hmmmm.....I said we weren't going to eat any Hawaiian food before our trip to Hawaii but oh well......It was F'ing delicious! Plus I was quite hungry after sitting through two movies. I had the BBQ chicken and "Z" had the chicken katsu, we of course shared food and even ordered some spam masubi; after all the meal would not be complete without a little Spam! LOL

We checked into our hotel; The Crowne Plaza. It's a pretty nice room and we are both feeling pretty comfortable here so far. We went down to the steakhouse located in the hotel and enjoyed cocktails with some calamari and scallops. I think my cosmopolitan did not agree with me, (did I mention I hate alcohol) and then we topped the evening off with dessert. I had the strawberry shortcake, personally I felt that it was awful! And "Z" had the mudpie; which was a very healthy portion and much much better than my dessert choice.

Geez......it sounds like we did ALOT of eating today.....LOL! But it was a really great way to kick off our weekend. Now we just need to do some major walking in San Francisco tomorrow; I don't think that will be a problem.

2 comments:

  1. Patrish,

    I'm SO jealous! I've always wanted to visit San Fran, as I have a friend who lives there. Actualy I talked to my hubby about this trip just a couple of nights ago :) Have a most wonderful time and take in all things fabulous and wonderful in this beautiful city.

    And the food....looks tres Fab!

    Hugs and safe travels
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary and enjoy San Francisco! It's such a fantastic place to be romantic :)

    ReplyDelete